At Virtual Therapeutics, we’re looking for an experienced software engineer who has:
- Game industry experience.
- A commitment to building good software.
- An enthusiasm for VR, games, and their potential to improve the world.
- A desire to help grow a world-class VR development team.
Our development team growing. We will be looking to you to:
- Take the lead in specifying and implementing game components that can be used in a variety of VR projects.
- Assess technologies and tools for use in our projects.
- Assist other developers with your deep knowledge of game development fundamentals.
- Help us ensure that everything we build meets high standards of design, performance.
- Work with non-technical personnel and stakeholders to convey technical needs and estimates.
Required Skills and Experience:
Candidates must have at least the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering.
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures & algorithms, object-oriented design, and software engineering practice.
- Working knowledge of key aspects of software development for games, including graphics, scripting, and interaction.
- Experience and comfort with one or more commercial game engines, preferably Unity.
- Strong working knowledge of the C# programming language.
- Experience and comfort with source control and other software development tools.
- Experience shipping at least one commercial game title on a console or PC.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The following additional experience and skills are particularly desirable:
- Strong working knowledge of a range of modern software engineering techniques, such as asynchronous programming, continuous integration, cloud computing, 3D user interfaces, data analytics, or hardware sensors.
- Experience with multiple game engines or game development frameworks.
- Experience developing for Android devices.
- General experience with VR and VR development either professionally or as an enthusiast.
- Experience shipping at least two commercial game titles on console or PC.
Virtual Therapeutics has set out to build a world-class VR development studio. This means building a culture of trust and collaboration and finding people who will fit together not just in terms of their skills but in terms of their personality and values. In particular, we’re looking for you to have:
- Good written and general communication skills.
- A commitment to supporting and learning from others.
- An ability to compromise.
- Humility and a passion for learning and experimentation.
- A commitment to quality in everything you do.
- An enthusiastic and positive outlook on life.